Is it possible for service desk agents to reply to tickets via email and add a comment to the ticket

Marleze Scheepers May 20, 2019

Hi, I please need some guidance on this.

Is it possible for service desk agents to reply to tickets via email and add a comment to the ticket, without having to login to update the ticket?

The agent receives a ticket notification from this address:  jira@nimbusportals.atlassian.net

They would like to reply on this email which ideally should post a comment on the ticket, and in turn notify the customer.

I couldn't really see on the support forum if there was a solution.

Thanks in advance.

Marleze

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2019

Yes. Any reply to the ‘ticket created’ notification email would be public.

Thanks Jack. Where can I find documentation on how to set this up correctly?

Currently it is not adding the comments to the ticket if an agent respond.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2019

Here is one article on setting up the email but expect you already have this in place? receiving-requests-by-email

question, if the customer replies is the comment added?

Yup, we've set that up, working perfectly when a customer replies to a customer notification email.

Just not when an agent responds the the agent notification email.

Marleze Scheepers May 26, 2019

Hi Jack

To follow up on this. So when an agent responds to the agent notification email, a comment is not added.

Is this possible?

Not sure how to check the setup for this, as everything is set up like in the article you sent. Although this seems to be the setup only for the customer side.

Thanks

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 28, 2019

I just tested and it works for me fine. Maybe there is a configuration for this but TBH I do not think so. 

You might reach out to Atlassian Support.

Marleze Scheepers May 28, 2019

Thanks for the tip, I've logged a ticket with Support. 

https://getsupport.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/23/JST-480072

Like Tony Schaps likes this
Tony Schaps November 18, 2019

I was not able to access that ticket but have almost the same problem. Did you get a resolution?

Marleze Scheepers November 18, 2019

Hi Tony, no we haven't really managed to get this right.

But figured out how to actually copy and paste images into Jira, so we're just doing everything in Jira now.

Suggest an answer