Is it possible for admins to access and share private filters?

Evelin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 7, 2014

Imagine a user created a filter, forgot to share it, send the link by mail to some people who should use it, and after this ran off for holiday. Sure, the people who got the mails will complain.

Is there any way for a JIRA adminstrator to access and to share the filter? I mean without altering database tables.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Benito Picarelli
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 10, 2014

Hello Evelin,

If the filter is not shared, the administrator won't see it, so he won't be able to edit it. If the filter was shared with him, you would be able to grab the ownership of it and make the changes you wish.

In your case, though, you'd have to do database changes.

Cheers!

Evelin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2014

Thanks. I guessed so but know I know for sure.

0 votes
Xavier Burais February 4, 2020

For those who can't / doesn't want to make change directly in jira database and have "script runner" app, you can use the "built in script" "Change dashboard or filter ownership".
You juste have to enter the filter / dashboard owner username, the username of the new owner (or your username if you juste want to make changes in the filter for exemple), select the filters / dashboard, and run.

For exemple, I want to make a change in a private filter but the owner wasn't here, so I change the owner (new owner = me), I make the change, and then I change again the owner.

Arul Anthony Sebastian Nadar March 23, 2020

Script runner is chargeable add-ons, hence any other solutions?

Suggest an answer