Is it possible build burndown for entire project, not for a single sprint

Xiang Zhang August 4, 2017

Hi,

1. To build a burn-down (or burn up) for the entire project, not for a single sprint. I need to see the overall project's progress and trend, not only for the local sprint.

2. Ability to use a custom field for size of the specific task (not just estimated time field). For example, I have a field "Effort" which contains effort in days. This field should be used to calculate the scope and the progress. The "Initial estimate" field doesn't work for me, since it covers not all the activities.

jira version is 7.2.7, agile version is 7.2.8

Thanks

3 answers

1 vote
Vishal Srivastava November 7, 2018

Hi,

I Contacted Atlassian Support regarding Burn down chart for entire Project and they said this is not possible and they suggested to use below mentioned third party Plugin.

Regards,

Vishal

1 vote
Thor
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2017

For "1." you could create a version and for this you can create a burndown chart. You have to take care that you add all relevant issues to this version to get enough data for your chart metrics.

Number 2:

* By "effort in days" you want to log the time spent by your employees, afterwards?

* Everything before can at best be an estimation and trying to get fix numbers of days/hours will end in a fiasko because no-one can exactly tell how long a complex problem will need to be solved. At best it will be forecasts and therefor you can also use the estimate field because if you use story points or days for an estimation does not matter at all. It's just metrics used to try to do an educated guess.

* If you want to log time spent on work afterwards you can use the worklog / time spent.

0 votes
Danut M _StonikByte_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 5, 2019

Hi @Xiang Zhang ,

You can do this with our Great Gadgets add-on (available for both Jira Server and Jira Cloud).

It offers a "Release Burndown Burnup" dashboard gadget that is based on a filter. All you have to do is to create a filter that includes the issues from all your teams/projects and configure the gadget to use it. This way you will have a cross-teams or cross-projects Burndown Chart.

More details about how to configure it can be found in the add-ons documentation: https://bitbucket.org/StonikByte/great-gadgets-add-on/wiki/Home#!release-burnup-burndown-chart 

Danut. 

Suggest an answer