Is it possible as an admin to get email notifications when user accounts are created?

Svante Gustafsson Björkegren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 28, 2013

Hi,

As an JIRA administrator I would need to get an email notification each time an account is created. Is this possible?

Rgrds,

// Svante

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 28, 2013

You need to implement a user event listener:

http://docs.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/api/latest/com/atlassian/jira/event/user/UserEventListener.html

Perhaps Jamies script runner would be a way to approach this if writing a full plugin is too much effort.

0 votes
Svante Gustafsson Björkegren
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 28, 2013

What I really want to do is to "categorize" each added account into specific JIRA-groups and it would be great if I got a notification when accounts are created :-)

Suggest an answer