Is it possibel to restore Tickets?

Žydrunė Stonkuvienė July 21, 2021

Hello, all,

I'm new to JIRA, so if the answer to may question is in  your database - please let me know.

We use Jira Service Desk and configuration is: Organization - this is our Client name, and Customer related to organization - this is the person from Client side to rise a Ticket and work with from Client side. One person form Client didn't work any more and we needed to delete it form our database as a Customer. 

In this particular case I saw a button "Delete customer" in Closed Tickets list upon this person, where this person was a Reporter and when I pushed this button - all Tickets was removed from this list :(  is it possible to restore them back to this list?  

N.B. I can find and see all these tickets when I use Search function. And I can see this person in "People" list. And what is more strange, that I can't see the button to delete Customer in other organizations Tickets list,e.g. No 4. (???). 

Maybe printsreens will better reveal  my problem (see attached).Organzation_customer_1.pngOrganzation_customer_3.pngOrganzation_customer_2.pngOrganzation_customer_4.png 

Thank you in advance !

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 22, 2021

This is because of the first clause in the search that is defining the list of issues you are seeing.  It says "show us issues where a person is in the organization Grubele". 

When you delete a customer, they are removed from groups and organizations as well (they can't be in them any more, there is no way to refer to something that isn't there as being part of something)

The issues have not been touched, but because your delete removed the customer from the organisation, the search is no longer selecting the issues.

To get them back in, you could add another clause that includes the stub of the customer account that is left behind as a record.  So "reporters in organizationMembers('Grubele')" becomes " (reporters in organizationMembers('Grubele') or reporter = 'idofdeleted') "

Suggest an answer