Is it posible in the issue view, change the issue type and key for a custom field?

Hugo Estavillo September 20, 2013

I have a project "Presales" so, i have in the title of the issue:

Presales / PRE001-69

Summary

instead Presales / PRE001-69 i want to put a custom field

Thanks very much

3 answers

0 votes
Hugo Estavillo September 20, 2013

1- My boss ask me to do that :S

2- Yes, but i was searching in the velocity templates and did not found where this values come from

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2013

Mmm, bosses, yes. Worth questioning why they want the (high maintenance) downgrade ;-)

I don't think it's as simple as a tweak in a velocity templates. They certainly control how each field is displayed, but the layout is not just a minor individual template, it's more a generated framework which includes each snippet of velocity for each field.

If you want to swap the display to some custom field, you're into hacking webwork files as well as velocity, and it'll be inconsistent and wrong unless you hack ALL the places it is drawn, which is possibly hundreds!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2013

Fantastic, pictures always make layout issues easy to describe and understand :-)

Two points

1. Why? Your custom field could be non-unique, is less useful than the issue identifier, and will appear in the body of the issue anyway.

2. If you insist on this, then you'll need to do some coding in the core of Jira to supress the useful information and show your field instead.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 20, 2013

The type and key are important and relevant to the issue. You can't change them because they define the issue.

What you display, why and where are up to you. I'm not sure what you mean by "title of the issue" or why you want to use a custom field (which would be non-unique and hence useless as an identifier), so you'll need to explain what you're trying to do in a bit more detail before we can really help you.

Suggest an answer