Is is possible to add a test directly on the JIRA issue screen when using Zephyr add-on?

Jenny Starkey April 3, 2014

Hi,

I want to ideally be able to add a test when in the issue view screen in JIRA, using the Zephyr add-on.

I can see that it's possible to add a test via the toolbar and then I can manually link it to an issue, but it would be really helpful to be able to add a test within the issue screen, almost like a widget, and the results of those tests be visible in the issue view screen.

Is this possible to configure via administration or do I need to use a different test management add-on?

Thanks,

Jenny

1 answer

0 votes
Mehmet Kazgan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 3, 2014

Hi Jenny,

I don't think you can do that out of the box unless writing your own plugin with Zephyr. However, there is a workaroudn I would use:

1. Install Groovy script runner add on

2. Edit your workflow and add a transition called "Create a test"

3. Go to the post functions for that transition and add a post function

4. Select "Script Post function" which comes with Groovy Script Runner and click add

5. Select "Clones Issue and links" option which you can select issue type test within the same project and fill in other parameters as needed

6. Publish your workflow

You can add this transition/button to anywhere in the workflow and that should meet your requirements.

Hope that helps.

Mehmet

Suggest an answer