Is cloud data encrypted at rest?

Scott Feldman April 9, 2015

My company would like to use the cloud version of JIRA and JIRA agile, but we need to know if our data would be encrypted at rest in your datacenter. This is one of our security requirements since we would potentially be including sensitive architectural information in JIRA attachments.

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
lauren
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 18, 2019

Hi @Scott Feldman

I just wanted to provide an update here. 

We recently announced that Atlassian now encrypts customer data at rest.

Data drives on servers holding customer data and attachments in Jira Software Cloud, Jira Service Desk Cloud, Jira Core Cloud, Confluence Cloud, Statuspage, OpsGenie, and Trello use full disk, industry-standard AES-256 encryption at rest. To learn more, please see our Security Practices page.

We post updates related to security, privacy, compliance, and more in our Trust & Security group. Feel free to post related questions and feedback there! 

Best,

Lauren

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 9, 2015
0 votes
Eric Lexcellent June 15, 2016

Hello,

I'm also interested by this question - does anyone got a feedback?

thank you

0 votes
Darrel Jackson June 28, 2015

I'm keen to understand as well. Given it isn't explicit in the security links on the website my assumption is that it is not encrypted at rest.

Suggest an answer