Is anyone else having a problem with the JIRA dashboard gadget filter dropdown not displaying complete filter list?

Carolyn Brunner January 7, 2016

I've got an existing JIRA dashboard and am trying to update some gadgets (issue statistics, pie chart, created vs resolved chart, filter statistics) with different filters that i've created.  When I "Edit" the gadget and start typing the new filter name into the "Project or Saved Filter" text box, the filter name is not one of the choices.  In fact, the auto-fill presentation seems to only present a very small subset of the existing filters.  I'm not sure how long this has been happening but wondered if anyone else was having a similar experience.  

I've also tried adding a new gadget to the dashboard and have the same problem.

6 answers

5 votes
Eric Almquist February 9, 2017

I can't find a Bug ticket, but will raise one. A workaround is to replace the spaces with underscores. So if I have a filter called "JIRA Issues" and in the Dashboard I type in "JIRA I", it then loses the ability to select that filter even if I completely type the full name. However, if I rename the filter to "JIRA_Issues" and type in "JIRA_I", the autocomplete will helpfully supply my filter name for selection.

Julie Spradley June 28, 2018

This was a huge help, my filter came right up.  Thanks!

Valerie Harmon July 11, 2018

Same here! Thanks for posting this workaround. Huge help.

1 vote
clem
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 2, 2016

I'm having this problem to.  Anybody find a solution or know which bug was opened for it?

Petra Goldstein May 8, 2017

Ditto that. I have the same problem. Not a new problem at all.  

0 votes
Anna Romanovskaia February 28, 2019

Also, having this issue, thanks everyone for the workaround tips!

0 votes
Al DeLosSantos June 22, 2018

Also having the same problem.  Thanks for the tip on Advanced Search Benjamin.  That keeps the issue regulated to a minor nuisance! :)

0 votes
Petra Goldstein May 8, 2017

I have the same problem. Not a new problem at all.  

0 votes
Deleted user January 28, 2016

I am having the same issue. Workaround seems to be if you click Advanced Search link under the Saved Filter dropdown which opens a window, you should be able to see all of your filters and select the desired one. Still seems like a bug maybe so would like someone from Atlassian to confirm.

Suggest an answer