Is anybody else having trouble with JIRA 7.1.9 and Amazon RDS Postgres 9.3 ?

James Davidson July 11, 2016

I'm having some trouble with my JIRA installation. It's a totally fresh installation on an explicitly supported version of Postgres. Very mysterious. Has anybody else come across this?

The exception is an org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDataSourceException and it occurs while starting the com.atlassian.jira.cache.monitor.CacheStatisticsMonitor component.

The message is "JIRA Startup Failed" specifically ERROR: relation "public.clusteredjob" does not exist . I have even tried manually installing the schema for this relation, to no avail.

Screen Shot 2016-07-11 at 3.30.08 PM.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Chris Dunne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 12, 2016

Just a thought, but have you checked if the version of the JDBC driver you are using is correct?

James Davidson July 13, 2016

Thanks Chris. The problem was that in the in dbconfig.xml file I had specified that the database-type parameter was postgres but it needs to be postgres72.

Apparently "postgres72 is the only thing that works". See Jamie Echlin's answer here - Values for database type for Postgresql .

Suggest an answer