Is Team managed Business Project in New jira allows Add watcher?

Mimi Peters June 29, 2022

I cannot find "Add watcher" this function in my Team managed Business project but I found it in Company managed the Business project. Both are in the new jira. Is this function only available for companies managed in the new jira?

4 answers

0 votes
Mimi Peters July 3, 2022

I am on the new Jira mostly it’s possible that’s why don’t have this feature?

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 30, 2022

Hi Mimi,

This looks like a permission issue as it is available for my project. Are you an Administrator for the project? This is what I see:

Screenshot.png

Mimi Peters June 30, 2022

yes I am admin, where should I click to activate this?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 30, 2022

And you have other users in your instance that have access to this project? 

0 votes
Mimi Peters June 30, 2022

Thanks for your note, as you can see from the left, my project is a Business project and its a Team managed type, there is no Add watcher strange.

List - Project Implementation - Betvictor Jira.png

carlosughini
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 2, 2022

Hi @Mimi Peters ,

Have you tried the Permission Helper to see if it assists?

Being a project and system admin doesn't automatically give you every permission.

If you go into the permission scheme you can add yourself / your role to the Manage Watcher permission.  

If you need some help with permissions then this link should help.

Please give it a try. Hope it helps.

Kind regards,

Carlos

0 votes
carlosughini
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 29, 2022

Hi Mimi,

Thank you for the information.

It worth mentioning that the Team Managed project are not business projects, they are software projects.

That being said, you are expected to be able to add watchers to the ticket, as you can see on the image below:

Screen Shot 2022-06-30 at 11.45.33 am.png

That being said, is it possible to confirm which project are you accessing and also provide an image of the view screen that you see when accessing an issue?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Carlos

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 30, 2022

Hey Carlos - just some clarification, Business projects (i.e. Jira Work Management projects) now include the ability to create Team-managed business projects and Company-managed business projects. 

Like # people like this
carlosughini
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 2, 2022

Hi John,

Thank you very much for this, I was not aware!

I will remember next time.

Cheers,

Carlos

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer