Is ScriptRunner's originalIssue valid in workflow transition's Post-function?

Brent Webster
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 16, 2013

Before banging my head much further, I have a question:

Is ScriptRunner's originalIssue valid in workflow transition's Post-function?

Reading https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Built-In+Scripts#Built-InScripts-TechnicalStuffforAdvancedUsers, not sure if only available in validators.

I'm using scriptRunner to send an email in the post-function if the value of that custom text field changes. i.e. the Condition:

def cf = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjectByName('CSR#')
val = issue.getCustomFieldValue(cf)
oldVal = originalIssue.getCustomFieldValue(cf)
val == oldVal

The email is being email every time whether the CSR# field is changed or not. What have I done wrong this time.

C/Perl guy ;-)

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brent Webster
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2013

Reworked the workflow and made setting the CSR# field in a separate global transition which only a certain jira group can fired. Problem solved for now until I run into the next problem that requires reindexing. ;-)

0 votes
Brent Webster
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 16, 2013

After more testing, I believe that once the transition's post-functions start to be evaluated, the originalIssue equals the issue object. So in a post-function, what is the best way to trigger a post-function email generation when a custom field is changed? Have a hidden text field saving the previous value?

Suggest an answer