Is SSO from custom web app to JIRA OnDemand possible?

James Phillips July 31, 2013

Hi

We have developed our own ASP.Net web application and would like to have SSO to an OnDemand instance of JIRA. Having poked around the forums it doesn't look like this is possible, but I wonder if I could get a definitive answer on this?

Thanks.

James.

3 answers

1 vote
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2013

The only way to do this would be to extend Crowd and build a custom module for it. Use Crowd as the SSO engine. Then add JIRA and other Atlassian products. This will have to be the download version. Either 3rd party hosted or self-hosted.

1 vote
Alejandro Conde Carrillo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2013
Hi James. I am afraid it is not possible. The only similar feature is to get SSO authentication from Google Apps as explained in https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Managing+users+and+groups+with+Google+Apps
0 votes
aditi December 15, 2015

Hi James,

Did you able to achieve SSO from third application to JIRA?

I'm looking for same....

Suggest an answer