Is Multilevel Cascade Select 2.5 compatible with Jira v5.0?

Stephan Haertel May 23, 2012

Hi,
great plugin, but we have JIRA v5.0 and I am reluctant to just try it out.
Regards

8 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ivan Tse
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 18, 2012

I ran across this thread while looking for updates on the plugin. I wanted to let everyone here know that it looks like the developer did update for JIRA 5.

http://sourcesense.github.com/jira-multi-level-cascade-select/downloads.html

I'm not entirely sure if it is compatible with JIRA 5.1.x though.

Note: Doesn't look like the dev updated their plugin on the marketplace so you'll need to grab it manually from the link above.

Stephan Haertel October 9, 2012

Thanks for that info!

1 vote
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 1, 2012

I'll highly recommend to write the vendor plugin to the mail he shows on the plugin page:

atlassian@sourcesense.com

I'm pretty sure you will have a quicker response and a more specific one too ;)

Ramesh Udari1 August 11, 2013

i have tried to install 2.5 version and every thing went fine, but we try to see customfield values in create page screen parent value is not showing, insted it is showing reference velocity code in dropdown. and getting below error in log.

013-08-12 10:47:06,776 http-8080-Processor15 WARN ramesh.udari 647x181x1 143nuwi 172.17.82.51 /secure/CreateIssue.jspa [velocity] org.apache.velocity.runtime.exception.ReferenceException: reference : template = templates/plugins/customfield/multi-level-cascading-select-edit.vm [line 49,column 46] : $cfValueEncoder.encodeForHtml($option.value) is not a valid reference.

at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTReference.render(ASTReference.java:277)

at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTBlock.render(ASTBlock.java:55)

at org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Foreach.render(Foreach.java:166)

at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTDirective.render(ASTDirective.java:114)

at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTBlock.render(ASTBlock.java:55)

at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTIfStatement.render(ASTIfStatement.java:70)

at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.SimpleNode.render(SimpleNode.java:230)

at org.apache.velocity.Template.merge(Template.java:256)

at org.apache.velocity.app.VelocityEngine.mergeTemplate(VelocityEngine.java:422)

at com.atlassian.velocity.DefaultVelocityManager.getEncodedBody(DefaultVelocityManager.java:77)

at com.atlassian.velocity.DefaultVelocityManager.getEncodedBody(DefaultVelocityManager.java:61)

at com.atlassian.velocity.DefaultVelocityManager.getEncodedBody(DefaultVelocityManager.java:56)

at com.atlassian.jira.plugin.AbstractJiraModuleDescriptor.getHtml(AbstractJiraModuleDescriptor.java:109)

0 votes
Saneth Kumar June 28, 2012

I contacted the vendors (Sourcesense Europe), they said that it's still in the pipeline.

0 votes
Aviva Yechezkel June 25, 2012

Is there any movement on this? We are highly dependant on this plugin.....

0 votes
Saneth Kumar June 25, 2012

Did they reply? I emailed them a few hours back but still haven't got a reply.

0 votes
Janaki Kora May 31, 2012

Hello:-

Even I am looking for an Answer to this question. We are currently on JIRA 4.4 and am planning to upgrade to 5.1.x.

Rgrds

0 votes
Janaki Kora May 31, 2012

Hello:-

Even I am looking for an Answer to this question. We are currently on JIRA 4.4 and am planning to upgrade to 5.1.x.

Rgrds

0 votes
Carsten Beck-Astrup May 30, 2012

I also would like to know when this plugin is updated to 5.0.x.

Suggest an answer