Is Jira the answer to my business needs?

Lee Ward January 24, 2018

Being a new to Jira and this type of software I would welcome feedback on whether Jira is the best fit for what I require for our organisation's needs.

How the organisation works

• National strategy with set objectives & KPIs
  • These are broken down to delivery years – we are about to move into year
  • National strategy translated into plans for local Manager (14 across the country) to deliver with their own KPIs (which link back to National KPI)
  • For example – a work area might be to be set up
    • National KPI – 20 new xx in the year
    • Local Manager KPI – 2 new xx in the year
  • We are looking for a programme/software that allows the local manager to plan their work in relation to these KPIs (e.g. detailing progress in setting up one of these new clubs and whether it is planned/confirmed/delivering) as well as being able to track and get a live update towards the KPIs on the following levels:
    • National
    • Regional (North/South)
    • Local (each local manager)

The below images give a very basic overview of the ideal 'tool' that we require. I would welcome everyone's feedback on whether Jira can do this and if so the best way to go about starting to set this up.

Thanks!

Requirements 1.jpgRequirements 2.jpg

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2018

Jira can definitely do what you need, but I would recommend some careful design to get you there.  Whilst it's a doddle to get close to your screenshots, I would want to think about end-user reporting as well. 

You mention a lot of KPI stuff, which is fine and right to think about, but you should take a look at what Jira is built to capture and how that translates into the KPIs you are looking for.

Lee Ward January 25, 2018

Thanks Nic and great to hear it is possible through Jira. Would be able to provide further support on how to get the initial set up so we are as close to the screenshots as possible?

Suggest an answer