Is Jira a good tool for Marketing PM, or is it really designed for software/tech primarily?

Kimberly January 19, 2015

6 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
helen obrien October 14, 2022

Hi. I'm using Jira together with Proactive Campaigns to segment customers into lists and send mass email campaigns.

0 votes
carlos porres May 17, 2016

Qhich version of JIRA should I choose for the same needs as Kimberly described in the above mentioned paragraph?

0 votes
Paul Pasler
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 19, 2015

Hi @Kimberly,

we use JIRA in every department in our company: Development, HR, Marketing, IT

So yes, it is a good tool for Marketing and not only designed for Software Development.

I think it is easy to learn - best way is to try it yourself!

0 votes
Chag
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2015

Hi Kimberly,

That is great! yes, JIRA can do all the things you mentioned and is easy to learn for those that are non-technical or less technical. JIRA can create tasks, get them assign and have watchers who would get updates from any changes in the issue(ticket).

0 votes
Kimberly January 19, 2015

Hi John, yes – thanks!

We need something that will allow us to plan schedule and track progress on various marketing campaigns (for example, a campaign that includes email, telemarketing, paid search (Google Adwords/PPC), creation of a landing page + element required for a webinar), and to create tasks and assign owners, but that also allows us to view this in a visual calendar format, as well as in a list-type format.  

We would need notifications sent to all team members when updates are made and/or tasks completed, as well as the ability to share assets (documents, images, vector/eps files, etc.).

But yet, we need it to be easy-to-use so that our less techy members of our team can easily understand how to use it.

Is this the type of answer you are looking for?

Thank you,

Kimberly

0 votes
Chag
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2015

Hi Kimberly,

You can use JIRA for just about anything. Can you provide more details so we can give you more information?

carlos porres May 17, 2016

HI @Cha'gara which version of JIRA should I choose for the same needs as the ones Kimberly is mentioning in her answer? - we are a digital agency providing digital services to many customers and each customer outsources all their marketing needs to us. 

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question