It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is Jira a good software for Business Program / Project Management Tracking

Our company has a great project tracking application built out in SalesForce.   it has a lot of automation, calculated fields, Lots of objects tied back to objects in SF, very customized to meet our needs.   IT is trying to rebuild it out in Jira.  Preliminary results aren't looking promising because in Jira you can only go down 4 levels (Epic, Story, Task, Sub-task).  So the user interface is horrible.   Is Jira only for quick product / software development?

Thanks in advance

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Community Leader Nov 21, 2019

Many people use Jira (Core or Software) for business processes. In fact most of my users and project are business focused. I don’t find the UI to be horrible but UIs are always subject to opinions. Are there specific issues your IT is facing? Indeed there are only four levels but I don’t understand how that translates to a UI issue specifically. Maybe if I understood your use case I could offer an alternate solution.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you