I wonder if JIRA is the right choice for our purchasing department. Do you recommend JIRA for this kind of workflow?
- Members of the purchasing team have to maintain a list of providers. Typical CRM info: Name of company, address, contact person,...
- The purchasing team also has to maintain product lists. Think of it as items that we regularly buy. A typical item would be a notebook with a certain specification.
- I'd then like to have kind of an internal shopping site where our employees can put these items into "shopping carts". This should then generate a ticket/issue for our purchasing team.
- The purchasing team should then be able to add notes to this issue and, among other things, specify the provider from the list mentioned above.
- The purchasing team should be able to automatically create an 'order pdf' from the issue. This pdf should contain the provider information as well as the desired items. The order pdf will be printed, signed and sent to the provider.
- The purchasing team should be also be able to add financial information (prices, vat, cost unit, fiscal period,...) to the issue. It should later be possible to e.g. add together all expenses for a certain cost unit within a certain fiscal period.
My question is: Do you think, JIRA should be used for this kind of work? I'd rather use plain JIRA without any plugins.
Any help is greatly appreciated!
I can imagine doing it with Jira, but you'll need add-ons to get close to your list of requirements, and even then, some of it won't be close.
A lot of it can be done with plain Jira and Insight, the asset tracking add-on that could do all the CRM and item types.
The stumbling block is the shopping type thing. You could bodge things with checklists and subtasks, but it wouldn't feel anything like a shopping basket, and you'd need to do a lot of bespoke work to get all the numbers in there.
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events