Is JIRA Capture dead?

Deleted user March 2, 2014

Since the 2.7 release of JIRA Capture in August 2013, there has been no update or news posting. The product used to be on a monthly or even more frequent release schedule. Is the community to belive that JIRA Capture is no longer being maintained?

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Luther Hargrove
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 2, 2014

I don't work for Atlassian, but I think this is indeed the case. Never caught on, plus the capture plugin for IE doesn't work and isn't updated based on versions of IE. I think people decided to spend a few more seconds on screenshots in other programs rather than spending money for capture.

1 vote
Ignat
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 23, 2014

Hey!

JIRA Capture is not dead.

UPDATE

JIRA Capture 2.8.0 has just released with support for IE10/11.

--

Cheers,

Ignat.

1 vote
Sebastien Bouffard March 27, 2014

It's not just about screen captures and fast bug reporting. I like the idea of creating and tracking "test sessions" in Jira. But they would need to add something so you can connect to test sessions from mobile devices.

We currently are on the trial period and I think I will have trouble convincing management that it's worth the money.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events