Is Confluence user directory sync supposed to remove users?

David Yu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 17, 2012

My Confluence 3.5 is integrated with JIRA 5 as the authentication source.

When I delete a user in JIRA, it does not remove it in Confluence. There is no way it appears to delete this user in Confluence so it continues to show up in the People Directory.

This is rather cumbersome especially when user was created with the wrong username.

2 answers

0 votes
Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 18, 2012

Hi David,

If the user has create a content in Confluence, it won't delete it as its already associated with the content.

The list of users in People Directory does not mirrored your users base as it will listed all of your users that have created a content into Confluence such as page or comment. Please vote on this feature request in regards to filtered "People Directory"

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-16477

Hope it clarify your doubts on this issue.

Cheers,
Septa Cahyadiputra

David Yu
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 18, 2012

Hi Septa, this is not the behavior I'm seeing. The user has no content created (no personal space too), but the sync does not remove the user.

0 votes
Adolfo Casari
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 17, 2012

I understand that there is an option in Confluene to synch with Jira users, have you tried that?

David Yu
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 17, 2012

Yes, I already tried forcing a manual sync. No dice.

Suggest an answer