Is Answers an Atlassian Product?

Alex Tinsley June 16, 2013

How can I get a solution like Atlassian Answers in my organization? We've adopted Jira already, instead of using a solution like Q2A, this would be much more ideal. Can you point me in the right direction on how to setup an answers system?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 16, 2013

Sort of.

Answers is a fork of OSQA (small link at the bottom of the page here). Atlassian have customised quite a lot of it from what I can make out.

OSQA is open source, so you can help yourself to that.

There is some talk of Answers becoming a product from Atlassian, but I don't know how far along that is, or if it will happen.

2 votes
Matt
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 8, 2013

We (Atlassian) just announced a beta of a brand new add-on – Confluence Questions. You can learn more in our announcement blog post and sign-up for the beta here.

0 votes
Alex Tinsley June 23, 2013

I looked at OSQA and found that the project has not been maintained. Instead we found www.question2answer.com which appeared to an updated and maintained version. Since we're on Jira already, it would have been nice to just add it to the existing solution rather than have to author a bridge ourselves. I looked at Quandora which is kind of cool, but it is a bit costly to get into for public use and no access to the source means it's a no go for us.

Matt Howell July 15, 2013

We are looking at heading down the same path with question2answer, as well.

Any chance you would be willing to share / collaborate on integrating q2a with the Atlassian services?

Suggest an answer