Invoke closing all issues within version upon release

Yen Pham October 29, 2014

As in once a version is released to production, we'd like to close all the issues tagged with said version. Closing all bugs for example would allow us to notify customers via Salesforce that a given bug or feature request has been released to production vs. simply resolved, code complete, etc.

Thanks!

Yen

2 answers

0 votes
Emil Bergwik January 31, 2020

-- removed due to duplication --

0 votes
Andre Borzzatto
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 30, 2014

Hi Yen,

I'm not sure about what you really want, but if you are using Kanban, that should be the expected behaviour, as when an issue gets in it's final stage you can assign them a release version.

Perhaps you might want to change the workflow steps, add some other transitions and post functions, not sure, but it might helps.

Thanks!

Andre

Yen Pham October 30, 2014

We're using Jira Agile and within the plan mode, there are versions. Normally we'd mark user stories as resolved once they are Dev / QA complete by the end of the sprint, but we don't want to close them until they go out to production as apart of a version release. When that occurs, I was hoping that when we "release" a version within Jira (preferable thru the plan mode view), that all associated stories & bugs would be closed. Hopefully that's more clear! Yen

Emil Bergwik January 31, 2020

I have the same question and problem statement.

Currently, my workflow is set up so that when we're done with developing a feature or fixing a bug, we normally put it to "Resolved". If we don't fix it, we move it to "Closed" with a resolution like "Won't fix" or "Can't reproduce".

What I would like is that when I release a release in JIRA, that all resolved issues in that release is automatically closed. Right now, it tells me "X unresolved issues" and asking me if I want to do nothing with them or move them to the next release.

Skärmavbild 2020-01-31 kl. 15.52.02.pngCan somebody point me in the direction I should be going? I assume there must be some automation that I can set up in the workflow that makes this possible?

Suggest an answer