Inviting customers to service desk and the email link results in blank screen

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 14, 2016

I have recently gone live w/ JIRA Service Desk (cloud) for internal IT support. It is live and ticket creation via email is working fine. I want to go live w/ the portal for all customers. When I test inviting a customer they receive the email invite but when they click on the link in the email the browser is a blank screen. I found this thread - https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/40354255, but I do not appear to have the plugin that is mentioned to be the cause.

Any ideas?

Update: to be clear the issue 'seems' to be associated w/ users that were imported from previous ticket system. The users exist in JIRA showing "never logged in" (obviously) and the only option in the user admin screen is to deactivate them. Based upon a recommendation from another user I am attempting to invite them to the project via the project admin>user and roles>add users to a role. The user shows up under the Service Desk Customers section of that page and they receive the invite email but the visit the portal link results in blank page. I have tested adding an email that does not exist already in the user list and it worked. Still digging...

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 26, 2016

This was solved by upgrading users to IE 11. IE 10 compatibility mode was definitely the cause though we could not get it to work via the internet suggestions.

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 14, 2016

So it appears to be an IE compatibility issue as all other browsers work. Researching this further I am looking into the IE Compatibility Mode cause that other threads are pointing to. My initial attempt to disable Compatibility Mode did not appear to solve it however so digging deeper.

Suggest an answer