Invite people from other companies?

Romuald Tisserand March 18, 2014

Hi,

I must say I'm totally lost since the recent users management changes in OnDemand.

Here is my need: I would like to invite people externals to our company to participate to our Jira, but without consuming our OnDemande licenses. Is this possible? How?

Thanks.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2014

So I think this is not possible.

If you still haven't seen that this page might be useful https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Restricted+Functions+in+Atlassian+OnDemand

1 vote

That means we can't open our Jira bug tracker to external people without having to pay for them? really? That's crazy!

Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2014

Seems so , but don't trust me 100%, maybe you can also drop a mail to atlassian support and ask or if someone from Atlassian can confirm it will mean it's crazy :)

Ha ha ha, let's try it! Let you know.

Piotr Niemczyk November 26, 2014

Did you contact the support? Any feedback? I think more people are searching such possibility.

Romuald Tisserand November 26, 2014

No, we just found a way for our partners to pay the Jira fees.

0 votes

Hi Boris,

Thanks for your quick answer. Typically, we work with other partner companies on some products. We want their developers being able to act on issues as our internal developers, but without consuming our licenses. They have to use (and pay) their own OnDemand accounts.

More clear?

0 votes
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 18, 2014

What do you mean by participate ? View issues and log issues, or just log issues. If you want them to log issues you may configure this by using mail https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Creating+Issues+and+Comments+from+Email

I suspect you do not want to give anonymous access to your jira right ?

Suggest an answer