Invision Integration in Jira (Field Configuration)

Carina Neumann January 9, 2020

Hi all,

for better cooperation between tech and design I'm trying to integrate our Invision prototype into the corresponding jira tickets.

I already installed the app (as it is explained here) but can't spot the Invision section within the tickets.

I have a customized configuration for each ticket type (story, bug etc.) and thought i would just add the Invision section within the field configuration settings - but it does not appear anywhere.

Is there another place where I can add this field to my ticket types?

Thanks for an info!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 10, 2020

Hi @Carina Neumann ,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

If you cannot see the invision field in your Jira issues, there might be chances that you are actually using a Next-Gen project.

Next-Gen projects are a new simplified kind of projects with very little customizations possible at the moment, still under development, that are indeed not displaying app/add-on related fields yet.

Can you kindly check whether or not this is the case?

For further details and differences between Classic and Next-Gen projects, please see:

Cheers,
Dario

Carina Neumann January 12, 2020

Hi @Dario B ,

thanks for your quick respond. 

I checked and we are not using Next-Gen projects. But I found another way to solve it. Somehow when I uninstalled the add-on and the installed it again, it worked.

Best,

Carina

Like Luigi Galli likes this
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 14, 2020

Hi @Carina Neumann ,

Thanks a lot for letting us know! :) 

Would you mind to either paste the solution into a new answer and accept it, or to accept my answer so that this thread will be marked as resolved?

Thanks,
Daro

Suggest an answer