Invisible error caused by import is causing my Board to be empty

Silvia Mendez October 24, 2017

I used the External System Import tool to import a bunch of new Stories with their sub-tasks into Jira. The importing tool didn't report any errors. I can see the stories correctly linked to the sub-tasks, and related to the existing Epics and other existing Stories. Basically, everything works as it should.

The issue is when I go to any board that includes the project I did the import for. Then, the board doesn't load.

JiraBoardDoesntLoad.png

I am assuming the culprit is the import because when I update the Board's filter to show me the issues before the import, then it works.

Filter: project = PROJECT_NAME AND created < 2017-10-14 ORDER BY Rank ASC

I tried to find the indexing tool, but I don't seem to find it under System. 

Do you know how I can fix the issue? I am afraid that if I don't know what it is causing the error if I delete all the imported issues and load them again, the error will happen again.

Thanks!

Silvia

3 answers

0 votes
Silvia Mendez October 30, 2017

Ok. I fixed it. I exported all the imported items to CSV and looked for any duplicates in the Issue id field. Excel showed me some. I searched them through JQL and clicked through them.  I noticed one of the sub-tasks was taking me to a different ticket number (and creating a very weird circular reference), and from there, links were messed up. I deleted all the duplicates and the board was fixed. 

I continued to use the importer with no issues until now.

0 votes
Silvia Mendez October 26, 2017

jiraNoIndexingOption.pngHi, Hennings

I don't have the indexing option. Even when I add the URL manually, I get this message: 

"Indexing is not required in this version of Jira"

Any other ideas?

Silvia Mendez October 26, 2017

It seems Atlassian removed the re-index option from the last release of the Cloud version. Bummer.

0 votes
Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 24, 2017

Hi Silvia,

you could try to reindex the project in the project administration. Click on Project Settings (gear icon in the lower left), then "Re-index project", then "Start project re-index".

Henning

Suggest an answer