Inventory Management for JIRA OnDemand

I am happily using JIRA OnDemand for project management and tracking of shipment requests for our office. Now the issue is that we currently have to use two separete systems both JIRA for request submission and a separate inventory management program (that is pretty awful) to track inventory. I'm really ideally looking for a way to manage inventory directly from within JIRA - so to have an option for people to choose their materials from within the issue creation form, and then have that deduct from an inventory system. I've been doing a lot of google searching but haven't really seen anything. Does anyone know of any options?

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.
Gary Sackett Atlassian Team Jan 29, 2013

Hi,

Since JIRA does not have any direct integration with Inventory Management software, you would need to create some custom scripting using the REST api:

http://docs.atlassian.com/jira/REST/latest/

You could query JIRA isssues and then update your inventory management system. This would also probably require some API integration and scripting with your inventory management program as well.

Cheers,

Gary

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

286 views 5 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you