Inventory Management for JIRA OnDemand

t.dot January 29, 2013

I am happily using JIRA OnDemand for project management and tracking of shipment requests for our office. Now the issue is that we currently have to use two separete systems both JIRA for request submission and a separate inventory management program (that is pretty awful) to track inventory. I'm really ideally looking for a way to manage inventory directly from within JIRA - so to have an option for people to choose their materials from within the issue creation form, and then have that deduct from an inventory system. I've been doing a lot of google searching but haven't really seen anything. Does anyone know of any options?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Gary
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 29, 2013

Hi,

Since JIRA does not have any direct integration with Inventory Management software, you would need to create some custom scripting using the REST api:

http://docs.atlassian.com/jira/REST/latest/

You could query JIRA isssues and then update your inventory management system. This would also probably require some API integration and scripting with your inventory management program as well.

Cheers,

Gary

0 votes
Deleted user July 4, 2019

there is an update about this topic already ?

Suggest an answer