Invalid of Atlassian maven plugin(s) detected for AMPS Version

Karl Edwards December 26, 2019

Hi everybody, I'm fairly new to software development in general and am still learning my way around Atlassian's SDK. My company is training me but my boss is out of town at the moment so I was hoping somebody could help me with what I think should be a simple fix... I was given the source code to our plugin and I'm trying to run it in the SDK, but am getting this error when I try atlas-run:

____________________________________________________________________________________________

[INFO] Project POM found

[ERROR] Invalid of Atlassian maven plugin(s) detected for AMPS Version : maven-jira-plugin

[ERROR] Try using <amps.version>6.3.21</amps.version> in the project pom.xml

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Here's my SDK info (atlas-version):

ATLAS Version:    8.0.16

ATLAS Home:       /usr/local/Cellar/atlassian-plugin-sdk/8.0.16/libexec

ATLAS Scripts:    /usr/local/Cellar/atlassian-plugin-sdk/8.0.16/libexec/bin

ATLAS Maven Home: /usr/local/Cellar/atlassian-plugin-sdk/8.0.16/libexec/apache-maven-3.5.4

AMPS Version:     8.0.2

--------

[INFO] Project POM found

Executing: /usr/local/Cellar/atlassian-plugin-sdk/8.0.16/libexec/apache-maven-3.5.4/bin/mvn --version -gs /usr/local/Cellar/atlassian-plugin-sdk/8.0.16/libexec/apache-maven-3.5.4/conf/settings.xml

Apache Maven 3.5.4 (1edded0938998edf8bf061f1ceb3cfdeccf443fe; 2018-06-17T14:33:14-04:00)

Maven home: /usr/local/Cellar/atlassian-plugin-sdk/8.0.16/libexec/apache-maven-3.5.4

Java version: 1.8.0_232, vendor: AdoptOpenJDK, runtime: /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/adoptopenjdk-8.jdk/Contents/Home/jre

Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: UTF-8

OS name: "mac os x", version: "10.15.2", arch: "x86_64", family: "mac"

Maven info from pom.xml->build->plugins:

<plugin>

<groupId>com.atlassian.maven.plugins</groupId>

<artifactId>maven-jira-plugin</artifactId>

<version>5.1.13</version>

<extensions>true</extensions>

<configuration>

<productVersion>${jira.version}</productVersion>

<productDataVersion>${jira.version}</productDataVersion>

</configuration>

</plugin>

<plugin>

<artifactId>maven-compiler-plugin</artifactId>

<configuration>

<source>1.8</source>

<target>1.8</target>

</configuration>

</plugin>

And the Jira version is set to 8 in pom.xml properties

<jira.version>8.0.0</jira.version>

Again, I don't know much about Maven or the SDK so if any other information is needed to help answer my question please let me know. There is no specification of an AMPS Version in my pom.xml, that's a little confusing to me- but I watched my boss run it and he said it will only work on Jira 8 & above. Thanks in advance!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 26, 2019

Hi @Karl Edwards 

As far as I know 5.1.13 is not a valid maven-jira-plugin version (as you can see from the error).

Here, you can find valid versions, or just use 6.3.21 as the version for your Jira 8 app.

I hope it helps

Tuncay

Suggest an answer