Internal comment tab missing during Respond to Customer transition

Juan Peraza November 14, 2014

For some reason, when I'm executing the Respond to Customer transition in JIRA Service Desk, my comment screen no longer has the Respond to customer tab nor the Internal comment tab.  Now what appears during the Respond to Customer transition is the "plain ole" comment screen (w/ no tabs).  I've verified that I'm an Agent, so I should be able to enter an Internal comment.  Any clues on what I should check?

3 answers

0 votes
mattjones-atlas March 10, 2015

This issue can be caused by a disabled plugin, or perhaps a licensing issue with JIRA Service Desk. Some licenses are not "Agent Based" and therefore, will not present Agent Views, which is required for this functionality to work. I have created a Knowledge Base with further information, which should assist you.

See: Respond to Customer and Internal Comment tabs missing from comment in Service Desk

0 votes
Juan Peraza November 17, 2014

Nope, that does not seem to be the problem, as all of the modules are enabled 203 of 203 (I'm using version 2.0.4).  I expanded the modules to make sure.  This was working before, and I'm not sure what changes I've made to my system to cause this behavior.  I'm considering upgrading to latest JIRA and Service Desk to see if it gets resolved as I'm developing on a test JIRA instance.

Joel Cumberland November 17, 2014

Yeah a update would be recommended as it may have been fixed in latest versions.

You haven't added any custom fields with JavaScript snippets that could be preventing the tab to be shown or add anything to the Announcement Banner?

Also if you have any plugins try disabling them and see if that fixes it.

Michael Pasqualone March 10, 2015

Hi Juan, did you ever get this fixed? Having the exact same issue with our installation and we're running all the latest versions.

0 votes
Joel Cumberland November 14, 2014

First check the service-desk-comment-field module is enabled.

To do so, go to Addons > Manage Addons > Select the Service Desk Addon and click on the modules enabled link (shown below)

sd_mods.png

Scroll-down to bottom and locate service-desk-comment-field and make sure it not disabled

sd_mods_dis.png

Hope this help

Joel

Suggest an answer