Intermittently unable to search for issues

Steve Ebersole June 2, 2017

First, a related issue.  We currently are unable to report issues against our cloud-hosted Jira instance: hibernate.atlassian.net.  The reporting flow says that this is not a valid ("Sorry, we can't find this Cloud URL.").  If someone from Atlassian happens to see this, any chance we can get that recitified?  Thanks!

As to the bug we wanted to report (but can't, see above)... we occasionally have problems where we are unable to search for issues in that Jira instance.  We get no results back even though we know issues match.  When this happens the solution is to manually re-index, at which point the same query works.

On a related note, I have noticed a lot of messages when I go into admin screens about admin changes having been made that require a re-index.  I mention it because these seem to me to show up excessively and I wonder now if they are related.

Any ideas?

3 answers

0 votes
Steve Ebersole June 6, 2017

<quote>

First, a related issue.  We currently are unable to report issues against our cloud-hosted Jira instance: hibernate.atlassian.net.  The reporting flow says that this is not a valid ("Sorry, we can't find this Cloud URL.").  If someone from Atlassian happens to see this, any chance we can get that recitified?  Thanks!

</quote>

somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 6, 2017

Hi Steve,

I have created a ticket on your behalf with the Cloud team so they can reach out to you.  I am able to access the instance and the Cloud team members I spoke with were able to as well so they're going to reach out to you in order to investigate why you can't reach the site and then determine what is going on with searching. 

One of our Cloud Engineers should be in touch with you soon!

Cheers,

Branden

Steve Ebersole June 6, 2017

Thanks for creating a ticket.  For the 3rd time this report has zero to do with not being able to access the site.  Hopefully the support team will understand.  Thanks

somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 6, 2017

Hi Steve,

That makes sense.  I see that you can access the site but you just can't create a support request.  I have updated the ticket to reflect that and one of our Cloud Engineers will be in touch with you shortly.

I was able to get around the cannot find the URL portion by clicking "Having trouble finding the URL" and then choosing proceed with request until the issue is resolved in which it says it cannot find the URL.  You may not see that option from the Cloud instance but you'll be able to proceed if you go to getsupport.atlassian.com.

We have figured out why you're seeing that particlar error and that should be resolved soon!

Cheers,

Branden

0 votes
Steve Ebersole June 5, 2017

Hey Branden,

As I mentioned in my initial description, sometimes issue searching stops and we would like to know why and how to address the underlying problem.  Again as mentioned above, the problem goes away when a manual re-index is performed.  We have performed such a manual re-index after this latest occurence but would like to have it addressed properly.  As this is a hosted site, we do not have access to the server logs so it is impossible for us to search them for problems.

somethingblue
Atlassian Team
June 6, 2017

Hi Steve,

I understand.  In my initial response I stated "I would definitely recommend proceeding in submitting a ticket to the Cloud team" since you do not have access to the back-end.  They are going to need to do the research on this end as to why this is happening.

Cheers,

Branden

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
June 5, 2017

Hi Steve,

I went to hibernate.atlassian.net and was able to access the login page.  If you are able to access that page at this time I would definitely recommend proceeding in submitting a ticket to the Cloud team.  They will be able to review your specific instance and see why you may have been running into the search issues as the main and related issues are all database issues by nature so we'll need to investigate on this end.  If you are still unable to get to hibernate.atlassian.net let me know and I'll work to figure out why you may not be able to access your site.

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer