Interacting with People that Don't Have Atlassian Accounts

Matthew Woodward March 17, 2014

I'm sure this is a pretty common use case, but we're coming to Atlassian from FogBugz and one of the features of FogBugz we used heavily was the ability for users without FogBugz accounts to send support requests to a 'bugs' email address that then went into an inbox project on FogBugz.

I realize Atlassian supports creating tickets from an email inbox as well but based on what I can see thus far it does so in a much more limited way, so I'm trying to figure out the best approach to interact with people who don't have Atlassian accounts after they submit a support ticket via email.

With FogBugz when a ticket came in via email we could reply to the ticket in FogBugz, and the user would get an email that they could reply to, and their reply would be added to the ticket. I don't see that same functionality as an option in Atlassian other than for users who have Atlassian accounts, so what's the typical way of handling the interaction with people who don't have Atlassian accounts?

Thanks.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2014
Matthew Woodward March 17, 2014

Thanks, but we're using the On Demand version, and from what I can tell JEMH doesn't work with On Demand.

Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2014

In that case I think you can't do this currently

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-7108

0 votes
Matthew Woodward March 23, 2014

Thanks -- I wrote a script to read our Exchange inbox and hit the JIRA API to create the tickets, and added a custom field for the sender's email address so we can interact with the person who reported the issue.

Suggest an answer