Intellij Atlassian Connector: trying to connect to Jira Server?

Michael Van Brummen September 1, 2014

I have installed the Atlassian Connector plugin in IDEA and I am trying to connect to our Jira server but getting this message:

serverName: java.net.MalformedURLException: no protocol: /jira/rpc/soap/jirasoapservice-v2

com.atlassian.theplugin.commons.remoteapi.RemoteApiException: java.net.MalformedURLException: no protocol: /jira/rpc/soap/jirasoapservice-v2
at com.atlassian.connector.commons.jira.soap.JIRASoapSessionImpl.login(JIRASoapSessionImpl.java:193)
at com.atlassian.connector.commons.jira.JIRASoapAndXmlServerFacade2Impl.testServerConnection(JIRASoapAndXmlServerFacade2Impl.java:154)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)
at com.atlassian.connector.commons.jira.JIRAServerFacade2Impl$1.invoke(JIRAServerFacade2Impl.java:93)
at $Proxy33.testServerConnection(Unknown Source)
at com.atlassian.connector.commons.jira.JIRAServerFacade2Impl.testServerConnection(JIRAServerFacade2Impl.java:268)
at com.atlassian.theplugin.commons.jira.IntelliJJiraServerFacade.testServerConnection(IntelliJJiraServerFacade.java:473)
at com.atlassian.theplugin.idea.config.serverconfig.ProductConnector.connect(ProductConnector.java:35)
at com.atlassian.theplugin.ConnectionWrapper.run(ConnectionWrapper.java:63)

Ive tried to append to /jira/rpc/soap/jirasoapservice-v2 to my Jira URL in the browser and it works.

Jira version 6.1.5

IDEA version 12.1.2

Atlassian Connector version 3.0.13

1 answer

0 votes
Adrian Moerchen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 7, 2014

Like the message said, you are missing the "protocol" somewhere, also it looks like there is the entire base url missing.

What have you used as "Server URL"? For me it is perfectly working with IntelliJ 13.1.4.

2014-09-08 09_20_47-Atlassian Entwicklung - [D__Atlassian-Entwicklung_IntelliJ-Projekte_Atlassian-Ba.png

Suggest an answer