IntelliJ Tasks Servers setting for JIRA and Atlassian Connector

Ulf Leonhardt December 10, 2013

Hi,

I am using IntelliJ 12 with the Atlassian Connector and JIRA 6. I am trying to work in a task-oriented way as you would with Mylyn on Eclipse.

I have noticed that the Task-functions in the Atlassian Connector (e.g. Start Work) only work properly when in the IntelliJ Project Settings the JIRA server is not listed under Tasks|Servers. If the JIRA server is listed under the project settings, a "Start Work" in the Atlassian view will not perform a task switch in IntelliJ (which basically makes the Atlassian Connector useless for task-oriented working)

When I have manually deleted the JIRA server from the IntelliJ project settings, everything works fine. However, after I while the server is back in the IntelliJ project settings, and the Atlassian connector stops working properly. Evidently, I am fighting against either the Atlassian connector or IntelliJ here.

Has anybody seens this behaviour? Is there a solution?

Many thanks

Ulf

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Janusz Gorycki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2013

Hi,

This is a known problem. IntelliJ tasks used to work well with the connector's task switching feature (which predates IntelliJ tasks). Unfortunately, it does not work any more, because of changes in IntelliJ API.

What you need to do is switch off the "Synchronize with IntelliJ Tasks" feature in the connector's General Settings - in the JIRA tab

Cheers
Janusz Gorycki

Ulf Leonhardt December 12, 2013

Hi Janusz,

thanks for the quick response. This would not be so bad if the "native" JIRA-integration of IntelliJ was working all the time. Unfortunately, in "Open Tasks" sometimes the required JIRA-task cannot be found (at which point I decided to switch to the Atlassian connector).

Cheers

Ulf

Suggest an answer