Integrity Checker failing with Proxy error

JT
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 22, 2013

Two aspects of the integrity checker are failing with a proxy error.

Check Issue Relations and Check Workflow Integriy both fail with the follwoing message:

Proxy Error

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
The proxy server could not handle the request POST /jira/secure/admin/IntegrityChecker.jspa.

Reason: Error reading from remote server

<address>Apache/2.2.15 (CentOS) Server at jira.pearsoncmg.com Port 80</address><address> </address><address> </address><address> </address><address>Why would these fail while all other aspects o fthe Integrity Checker run successfully?</address>

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
darylchuah
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 25, 2013

Hi Jeanne

Is it possible that your tomcat is behind an apache mod_proxy? In that case I've seen a solution for this previously when a customer has increased the proxytimeout parameter and then bouncing Apache.

Could you please give that a try and let us know how it goes?

JT
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2013

Thank you Daryl. The proxytimeout parameter was the issue.

0 votes
Dalectric
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 6, 2014

Just to add to this I had to add the timeout to my ProxyPass parameter as defined here

http://serverfault.com/questions/272083/apache-proxy-timeout

Suggest an answer