Integrity Checker Duplicate Permissions?

Timothy Harris January 11, 2015

When running the integrity checker I get an error saying duplicate permissions.

What does this mean and how do I resolve it?

10 answers

3 votes
Mark de Bont
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2015

Can be fixed by pressing the "Fix" button... Worked for me.

2 votes
whereisaaron June 24, 2015

There is a bug report for this. It appears to be a bug with the checker/fixer. 'Fixing' the falsely detected duplicates appears to be harmless, but I think it is probably better to ignore the warning until there is a fix for the Integrity Checker.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-41886

0 votes
Richard Peter Shon November 11, 2019

Seems like its a bug. It existed in version 7 and also the latest 8.5.1. Pressing Fix does the job though. Clean installation showing up this bug every time. 

0 votes
Schups November 17, 2018

I get this error every time I install Jira... strange that it happens after a clean installation

0 votes
whereisaaron June 24, 2015

Me too, no problems but checker says three duplicates, version 6.4.1

0 votes
Mark de Bont
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2015

Same here: ERROR: Duplicate Permission: SchemePermissions (ID:10101)

Aitor Morant Inchausti February 16, 2018

Yep, I had the same error, but (ID:10101) desn't exists.. ?

Like kyd46021@awsoo.com likes this
0 votes
Peter Bengov
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 11, 2015

Join this request. I have only active Schemes so I don't understand what is duplicate in them

David Holshouser January 6, 2020

Installed 8.4.0 from clean machine. Not an upgrade. No users accessing the system. Same error. 2020/01/06

0 votes

OK, just selecting fix button seems to have handled the problem. But I would like to know why and what this error is?

0 votes

So no idea where the ID's 10003, 10032 and 10101 come from. I have deleted all permission schemes not in used besides the default, of course.

0 votes

Also I only have two permission schemes. One has an ID of 0, which is default and not used by any projects. The other has an ID of 10100, which is used by all projects.

Suggest an answer