Integration with SAP CRM system.

EdDev_Gilat January 29, 2013

Hello,

In our organization, the customer service group is using SAP CRM to handle customer issues.

As Jira is evaluated in the R&D group, we are required to support the ability to link between these two systems in some way, so our issue tracking with interact.

The minimum needed integration is for Jira issues to be created upon CS forwarding a customer ticket to R&D with a set of parameters.

I have not managed to find a plugin that works with SAP CRM.

Does Jira has experience in such an integration?

I guess one way to tackle this is by issuing a script that runs on the forwarding action on the SAP CRM system and opens up a Jira issue with relevant information.

I was hoping for something more advanced here, could you please recommend what can be done?

Thanks,

Edy.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
MatthewC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2013

The best way is to get the SAP system to trigger an action to create an issue in Jira via the REST interface.

Nic answered something not dis-similar the other day

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/130262/integrating-jira-with-sap

EdDev_Gilat February 4, 2013

@Matthew, thank you for the answer. Interfacing with REST is nice, but requires development efforts. I will prefer passing such a task to an Atlassian expert and subcontracting this one.

Like Sloan N_ B_ likes this

Suggest an answer