Integration with ERP

Łukasz Prasał February 20, 2017

We are in a bit of a hurry to resolve this issue. What we are trying to accomplish is that we can have Jira Core with service desk where the ID of an issue is the same ID in our ERP app . The functionality we want to achieve is -> adding task/issue to ERP cause after synchronization that it will be visible in JIRA and the other way around. Is there any possibility that you can provide us with the database documentation so our programming team will know what tables need to be sync to make that happen. Or maybe someone  have already done that. We want to sync by ID and add brief description to task/issue visible in both systems

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 20, 2017

Ok, some brief points to get you started

1. You can not set JIRA issue ids.  This gives you two options
    1. Change your ERP program to accept JIRA issue ids as the key
    2. Work with a separate field (either keep the ERP ID in a JIRA custom field, or put the JIRA ID in a field in the ERP system.  Or even both)
  2. You can not write data to a JIRA database, and I would not recommend reading it either because it's not evolved in a way that makes it nice for reporting

So, you need to forget database access on the JIRA side.  Use the REST API instead.

0 votes
Wikpol February 17, 2019

This thread can be closed. @Cogniscient Business Solutions the idea was to intergrate our ERP software with JIRA not changin it. Now I know that the best way to integrate anything with JIRA is to use REST API just like @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-  said. I didn't understand the Idea in 2017 now I know..... :) thak you for your help .

Suggest an answer