Integration of JIRA with MS InfoPath 2010.

Praveen October 21, 2012

Hi,

I’d like to integrate JIRA with our existing application. But I see some issues due to versions of .NET framework. I’m using JIRA REST APIs to create, update, delete tickets in JIRA. To do this, I’m adding the library Atlassian.Jira.dll provided by you in “AtlassianSDK-v2.2.0-NET3.5” to my application and am writing the below code

private void CreateTicketInJIRA()

{

Jira jiraObj = new Jira(http://myserver, userName, password);

Issue newIssue = jiraObj.CreateIssue(PROJ,Test_New);

newIssue.Type = Bug;

newIssue.Summary = Test_New;

newIssue.Priority = Minor;

newIssue.SaveChanges();

}

I get the following error when I run the application.

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture =neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies.The system can not find the file specified.

I think this is because the application was built in .NET 2.0 framework. We could not upgrade to .NET 4.0 as MS InfoPath 2010 supported VSTA has .NET 2.0 framework. So, do you have any suggestions of how I can integrate JIRA with MS InfoPath 2010?

I need to create/update/delete tickets in JIRA from my application using REST API. Any suggestion on implementing this would be of great help to me. This is an critical requirement for us. If we succeed in integrating this with our application, we would go for buying the product.

Thanks and Regards

Praveen.

PH: +91-7893772882

2 answers

0 votes
Praveen December 4, 2012

Hi Stig,

Thanks for the comment. We don't want to use any third party controls in our applications and so decided to write the code by our self. We tried resolving this issue partially which I'd be posting here in a short time.

Regards

Praveen.

0 votes
stig stig December 4, 2012

You don't have to write code by yourself to create infopath , there is lot of plugins in internet today that you can use

Suggest an answer