Integration between two JIRA instances from two different companies

Iago Docando
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 11, 2016

Hello to all.

I know that there are lots of JIRA addons capable of granting a seamless integration between two JIRA instances (backbone, exalate, connectALL...) but I'm not sure if the setup I'd like to achieve is even possible because one of the instances is only reachable from an intranet.

My company runs JIRA (JIRA A - public) and has 10 users. Anoter company also runs JIRA (JIRA B - intranet_b) and has an undefined ammount of users.

JIRA A users provide support for the issues created by some JIRA B users.  I don't want for neither JIRA A nor B users to be created in the opposite JIRA.

JIRA B has its own workflow. In it an issue(b) may be escalated to a level where an issue(a) in JIRA A is created. From here workflow A is in place. The issue(a) is visible for a configured group of users from JIRA A and all JIRA B users and both JIRA A and JIRA B users can perform actions on the issue(a), according to their permission level and restrictions. For example, only the informant (JIRA A user) can confirm that a solution was indeed right. Once this happens the issue(b) is updated (adding issua(a) information) and may continue through workflow B. 

Note that JIRA A users have no need to be able to see issueb(b) at any point in time.

2 answers

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 11, 2016

I'm sure we can do this with ConnectAll. ConnectAll will have to be installed in the intranet where it has access to both the JIRA instances.

The rest of it is pretty much default functionality. ConnectAll respects the permissions of the sync user and will sync only when a defined criteria is met. Also, you can map statuses which will help you transition tickets on JIRA A without affecting JIRA B and vice versa.

You might want to request for a demo to learn more.

0 votes
Iago Docando
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 16, 2016

Thanks for the info. We're still far from the point where we'll be needing an actual demo of the product, though. I will contact you directly via email if we reach that point.

Suggest an answer