Integration JIRA Jenkins - JIRA Behind firewall

Sterling Waldman September 26, 2014

We put JIRA in the DMZ, behind a firewall. Jenkins is in our dev network. I.T. will only allow one way communication from our dev network into production, so the application links aren't working in Jira. Do I have to use the application links? 

The build notifier in the 1.4.7 plugin won't work, obviously there needs to be communication out of JIRA to make the handshake with Jenkins

I wish there was a way to bypass the application links, I really just want to push build status to JIRA and tie it to bugfixes... Is there a way to do this, I love the plugin, but I.T. wont open up just so I can use it..... Is there a way around this?

2 answers

0 votes
Sterling Waldman September 30, 2014

Thanks for your answer, my colleague is of the same opinion, I will probably just let it go and move on.

Appreciate it

0 votes
Matt Shelton September 28, 2014

Have you considered an SSH tunnel? It's almost certainly against your IT security policies, of course, but the next best option is to start tracking how much time you are losing (or alternatively, "not saving") due to their decision and make a cost-based argument.

Suggest an answer