Integration/Connect JIRA with salesforce

RatanPaul November 9, 2015

I dont' want to use any add-ons. Just wanted to user salesforce rest api for integration.

4 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

3 votes
Answer accepted
Rodrigo Silva
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 9, 2015

Hy Sam, I believe you won't be able to do the rest calls without a connector.

The reason why is explained here in this old topic:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/11960582/how-can-i-integrate-jira-and-salesforce-using-rest-api-without-any-connectors-or-tools-in-between-

Cheers,

Rodrigo Silva

3 votes
RatanPaul November 26, 2015

found best tool for me 

WebHooks

For me this is the ans.

3 votes
Mike Rathwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 9, 2015

Sam,

While it perhaps might be possible to cobble something together without add-ons, the fun of working through getting RID of "no add-ons" stuff from predecessors is showing me the beauty of plugins in this environment. 

If you build something and make it work, you become responsible for KEEPING it working through API changes as the versions migrate. If you do it with plugins then it becomes a SEP (Somebody Else's Problem) as the vendor then is keeping up with it and you just keep stuff updated.

The alternative is you could be stuck on a version of JIRA for as long as it takes to update anything you cook up even if it happens to be <gasp> a buggy version.

My $0.02 worth

mike

2 votes
Jeff Louwerse
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 9, 2015

AS Rodrigo mentioned you need something.  We use the Go-to Group CRM plugin for our SFDC integration into JIra. 

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question