Integrating Stash with Jira

Ken Taylor January 29, 2013

We recently moved from svn to git and subsequently configured Stash for our Jira server.

When we were using svn, we had integrated Fisheye with Jira so that we could see commits associated with tickets.

We see something similar now with Stash commits, except that there is no branch information. To find out the related branch we currently have to do the following:

1. Open Jira ticket

2. Select Source tab

3. Click View full commit

4. Copy the commit hash

5. Go to the command line within a local copy of the git repository

6. At a command prompt, type git branch -a --contains

7. Paste the commit hash and press enter

Is there a way we could better configure our set-up for this purpose?

1 answer

0 votes
CelsoA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2013

Hi there,

Currently Stash does not supports smart commits.

However there is an Improvement Request about that subject:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/STASH-2490

I suggest you to watch and vote on it to increase its popularity as well as get notified in case any updates occur on the JAC Issue.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Regards.

Celso Yoshioka,

Ken Taylor July 15, 2013

A smart commit would not help. I am looking for a list of branches in Stash that contain a commit associated with a jira ticket through reference to the jira id in the commit message.

For example, commit abcd123 has message:

PROJ-1001 Fixed the condition statement

In Stash, this commit is on branches develop and feature1:

$ git branch -r --contains abcd123
  origin/develop
  origin/feature1

I want to see this list of branches in the commit section of the JIRA Source tab or in the commit view of Stash.

One place that has this information for us is our IDE. IntelliJ IDEA has in the details for a commit in the Changes view, along with the hash id, author, date, etc., a field Contained in branches. But, I'd still like to have this information closer to the JIRA ticket.

Suggest an answer