Integrating JIRA with FootPrints

Michael Marshall August 15, 2016

We are NOT migrating - we want to use both systems side-by-side, with FootPrints (11.6) concentrating on time tracking. All of the related questions are 3+ years old, so is there any current information on linking the two together?

5 answers

1 vote
francis
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 26, 2018

Here at Exalate - synchronization between diverse issue trackers is our daily food.

The engine we are building allows for a flexible and autonomous synchronization in a reliable manner.

We do have a program in place for organisations who would like to start synchronizing between diverse systems.

Send us a mail (sales at exalate dot com) and we'll take it from there

Br,

Francis

Crystal Jones June 29, 2018

Finally had a chance to circle back and respond to this. I've been to your website, and I'm truly not seeing anything that indicates you support integration with Footprints and JIRA. Am I missing something??

0 votes
Daniel Zmood December 21, 2018

Please contact me at daniel@systempioneers.com.au

We are a BMC partner, we have years of experience with BMC FP v11 and now v12

We have a integration partner with an very reliable way to integrate Jira and FootPrints.

This uses a Service Broker as middleware and saves time when integrating and upgrading as well as it provides error control that your API development most likely wont have.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards

Daniel

0 votes
Anupam Srivastava August 27, 2018

HI Michael,

I stumbled upon your question while looking for answers to the same question and wondered if you ever got this working for yourself?

Thanks

Anupam

0 votes
Crystal Jones November 7, 2017

I know this is an old post, but there are practically NO topics in this forum which cover this. I am engaged in a project which seeks to do this very thing. As we get on with things, I will share what I learn for others who may need to do this very same thing. I will likely start a NEW post and post a link to it here and on the one other post I found.

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2017

What exact functionality are you expecting?

Crystal Jones November 21, 2017

We expect to create issues in JIRA from tickets in BMC Footprints which meet a specific criteria (and vice versa).

We expect that when specific fields in JIRA are updated in these linked issues that these specific field updates will update the linked BMC ticket (and vice versa).

We expect that when these linked tickets are closed in one system it will trigger a closure in the other.

Server Admin March 23, 2018

I too would love to see this feature

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2018

Two-way conditional bi-directional sync between two different applications that run remotely from each-other is not something any tools do out of the box. It's not a simple concept either. 

You'll find some vendors have plugins to enable some sort of syncing between things like Salesforce, Zendesk. Likely these represent such popular requests that Vendors saw an opportunity to make a popular product. You'll find these on the marketplace by searching 'connector' under the Jira tag.

Cursory google searching shows that some people have homebuilt solutions on Perl scripting languages and the like. But at this point I do not see any paid or free solutions that are complete. If this is a feature someone wants, then they need to have it developed.

Crystal Jones June 29, 2018

To be CRYSTAL clear.. I wasn't expecting this to be out the box functionality :), but I was hoping that there would be some options available (module/plugin/custom app/etc) to achieve this.

I was hoping that I did not have to engage my internal dev teams to build from scratch.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 29, 2018

I would have hoped so too, but it seems that to few people use Footprints as well as Jira, so no-one has written anything to do this.

If your dev teams do get to do it, it may be worth sounding-out the market to see if what they do might help others.

0 votes
Michael Marshall August 17, 2016

Not even a response from Atlassian?

Steve Behnke [DiscoverEquip.com]
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 17, 2016

This is a user-run community forum. Very few Atlassian's come here to help users perform research.

Suggest an answer