Integrating JIRA and external bug tracking tools (Mantis, Youtrack)

Hanna Münninghoff June 3, 2014

I have read that it is possible to integrate Jira and other Atlassian products (e.g. Bamboo). But is it also possible to integrate Jira with other external bug trackings tool as for example Youtrack? So not only importing and exporting issues but have an automated realtime link between each others? And if yes is this only available for a downloaded version or also when using Jira onDemand in a Cloud?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 3, 2014

Yes, is the short answer.

But it very much depends on what you want from "integration" and what the other system can do to expose and share its data. You can write stuff for Jira that will do some of it (addons may need to be installed if you want things that Jiras "webhooks" can't do, and you can't install addons in OnDemand), or you can write stuff that runs outside Jira and talks to it via its REST interface.

But when people say "integrate", they usually mean "I've not defined any requirements other than I think the systems need to talk to each other", so it's very hard to point them at anything specific. You need to think through the requirements while bearing in mind the capabilities of both systems you're trying to integrate.

Suggest an answer