Integrate JIRA with Git

Damien Braz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2016

Hi Atlassian,

We're using JIRA Software 7.1, and we need to interact with Git from our JIRA Server. Is this possible natively with latest version of JIRA.

Do we need to buy a plugin?

If so, what plugin choose? As a small business, a good value for money will be our choice smile

Thank you Atlassian.

Best Reagrds, Damien.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2016

Hey Damien!

As far as I'm aware, there isn't a native way to connect to an on-prem Git repository, (which I assume is what you have), in JIRA.  All of the built-in development tools are service-based; BitBucket, Fecru, GitHub, etc.

That said!  There is a really good plugin that's available for straight Git:

Git Integration for JIRA

It has stellar reviews, and is in active development.  It's not free sadly, but it's probably worth it for a small team.

Or, you could look into moving your repos to one of the services above.  There are options.  smile

Good luck!

Mithun August 27, 2021

Hii for the jira integration with git iam writing the story here please do slove it I need coding part.                      

Write a server side githook(commit massage) for bitbucket which can validate following when devloppers run git commit massage in local.

1)the first line commit massage should contain valid jira I'd(I.eJIRA-123) my commit massage.

2)the script should only allow corrent project jira project id To be used i.e corex project will be using only not other prooject.

3) jira used must be in valid or acceptable state .

Guys please do help for coding part either in python or java other then ruby please

Suggest an answer