Integrate JIRA login with TMG

Dhiraj Jain August 25, 2013

Hi All,

I am running a JIRA/Confluence instance behind the TMG server. As of now the user needs to login first in TMG and then in JIRA/confluence.

Is it possible to integrate the TMG login with JIRA so that once a user logs in to the TMG automatically gets logged in to the JIRA/confluence?

Please guide me on this.

Thanks

Dhiraj Jain

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
LucasA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2013

Hi,

I'm not sure about Confluence, but there's no way to create a SSO between JIRA and TMG. I'm not sure if TMG uses NTLM authentication, but if it does, this 3rd party add-on may help you:

- http://turningright.co.nz/display/TurningRight/NTLM+Authenticator

Best regards,
Lucas Timm

0 votes
Mehmet Kazgan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 10, 2014

Hi Dhiraj, we are having issues with Activity Stream showign 500 error with the same setup. Did you experience the same thing?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 26, 2013

You might want to explain what TMG is, what it does and how you've got it configured currently. Typing TMG into Google refers me to criminal record background checks, but I assume it's some server or service you've got that does something to do with user access?

LucasA
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 26, 2013

Suggest an answer