Instant messaging Jira & Confluence

Séb P.
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2013

Hi everybody,

in my society, we are configuring Jira and Confluence to manage exchanges between us and our 3rd party vendors. A requirement is to have an instant messaging module, embedded into (ideally) both Jira and Confluence to ease the communication between us.

I had a look at HipChat, which seem to fit perfectly our needs. But so far, I didn't find how to install it locally... only how to connect to the online service...

By the way, I work for a private bank where security is extremely important, and we really can't allow a remote connection to a foreign service.

Is there any possibility to set up my own Hipchat server? Or is this planned for soon? Does it exist any other solution?

PS: I just saw this answer: http://help.hipchat.com/knowledgebase/articles/64362-can-i-host-hipchat-myself-

Thank you!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ivan Tse
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 17, 2013

That article is correct, but HipChat is starting to gather information on the needs of hosting a chat solution behind the firewall. If you're interested in the implementation for a future release you can sign up for more infromation at https://www.hipchat.com/firewall.

Séb P.
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2013

Thank you, that's a good news! However, have you any estimate when this will be available? I need to have something up and running during the next month, maybe 2 months max... I guess this does not match your roadmap?

Ivan Tse
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 19, 2013

If you're looking for a potential trial of behind the firewall HipChat then I urge you to sign up on the link. The HipChat team will be reviewing the applicants there to start with a beta test.

Suggest an answer