Installing wiki for JIRA

Romain Rauyer June 2, 2015

Hello,

I'm currently trying to install a wiki on our JIRA instance but I don't succeed sad.

I see "wiki-editor" exists in my "installed" pluggin but I don't have the tab next to the agile one in the top ribbon.

Yesterday I've downloaded a .jar file but I don't see directory needed.

We work on Version 6.05.

wiki-editor - 1.2-D20150312T074656
Module externe deAtlassian
Activé
atlassian-data-center-compatible:true

Can you please help me configuring this wiki?

Thanks.

PS : I'm not fully sure that wiki editor is enough to use a "wiki".

Romain

4 answers

0 votes
Anthony De Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2015

Hi Romain,

Depending on the functionality you need, I have a simple wiki plugin in the marketplace that provides a wiki section for each project, hosted right inside your JIRA instance.

Do note however that this plugin is much simpler in functionality than Confluence. So if your documentation needs are more complex, Confluence is probably the way to go. Tons of features, awesome integration with JIRA, ..etc.

Cheers,
Anthony 

0 votes
Romain Rauyer June 2, 2015

Hello and grat thanks for your answers.

In fact, I just want to be able to sort every document existing in the JIRA issues. Or even manage documentation for a whole TMA project.

Is that something that confluence allows?

Thanks 

0 votes
Norbert Janssens June 2, 2015

Just a guess: Is that the wiki-renderer module to format text fields by typing wiki syntax?

The Confluence-like toolbar (as you see below for new answers - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.jira.plugins.jira-wiki-editor) is not available in JIRA Cloud! Even that does not give you a wiki - it is only a formatting help.

Regards,
Norbert

0 votes
Elisa [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 2, 2015

Hi Romain, what do you mean by wiki? To have Confluence installed? Please be aware that you are not allowed to install add-on on Cloud besides of those available on Atlassian Marketplace.

Suggest an answer