Installing production backup into test

BrianB August 8, 2013

I have installed JIRA 5.2 on a test server and loaded the backup file from production 4.1. I have disabled the email notifications as suggested by the documentation. When I log in now, I get this error: "Error loading gadget from rest/gadgets/1.0/g/com.atlassian.jira.gadgets:introduction-gadget/gadgets/introduction-gadget.xml: org.apache.shindig.gadgets.GadgetException: Unable to retrieve gadget xml. HTTP error 500"

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
BrianB August 15, 2013

Issue was caused by this : 'ORA-01461 can bind a LONG value only for insert into a LONG column' Error Due to Oracle Database Definition. Was able to resolve by "Modify WEB-INF/classes/entitydefs/fieldtype-oracle10g.xml to define very-long as a CLOB."

see: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/'ORA-01461+can+bind+a+LONG+value+only+for+insert+into+a+LONG+column'+Error+Due+to+Oracle+Database+Definition

0 votes
BrianB October 17, 2013

Thanks Venu, but the issue was resolved by modifying the xml file as noted above

0 votes
Venu Madhav October 17, 2013

As Harry Chan suggested you can't jump directly from 4.4 to 5.1, instead follow the below steps.

1. Setup intermediatory JIRA with 4.4 version.

2. Import prod jira 4.4 data to this new jira4.4.

3. Upgrade JIRA 4.4 to JIRA 5.2.

4. Take export of intermediatory JIRA 5.2.

5. Import it into test jira 5.2.

0 votes
BrianB August 14, 2013

I have an open ticket with support. If I get the underlying problem, I'll post it here

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2013

What does the logs say?

0 votes
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2013

Hi, you can't go from 4.1 to straight to 5.2. Check the upgrade notes for JIRA from 5.2 and make sure to go through all the major/minor versions for anything specific. You'll need to at least get to 4.4 first.

BrianB August 9, 2013

correction. going from 4.4 to 5.2

Suggest an answer