Installing confluence and using Jira as the User Directory

Kyle Berglund February 26, 2013

Issue

We are setting up our first instance of confluence and are wanting to use jira as the user repository and are having issues doing so.

Details

I am seemingly running in circles after viewing documents in the FAQ and the admin documentation and am missing something that allows the two to work together correctly.

I currently have the following setup in Jira and in confluence.

Jira: Whitelisted confluence site address, create application link with incoming and outgoing auth,

Confluence: Application link back to jira with incoming and outgoing auth, Adding the Jira user directory is where I receive my errors.

Error when adding Jira User Directory

Connection test failed. Response from the server:

host parameter is null

The above message is received when using the Jira Server Url, the application name of jira and a set application password. Jira server permissions are set to Read Only and I am not Enabling Nested Groups.

Any assistance is appreciated.

2 answers

0 votes
Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 8, 2013

Hi Kyle,

To avoid any misunderstanding here, the whitelist mentioned on our documenation here is to input the IP address of your Confluence under the configured application on your JIRA side, which on your case should be the application name use on your Confluence user directory configuration. Hence please note that the whitelist describe for user management is not the one where you configured for trusted application connection.

In order to confirm your issue it is important for us to review part of your logs. If you are not comfortable sending us the logs trough this public channel, feel free to create a support ticket on our support channel as describe on the previous response.

Hope it helps

Cheers,
Septa Cahyadiputra

0 votes
LucasA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 8, 2013

Hi,

To enable this integration, add Confluence on JIRA whitelist and perform the connection form Confluence side only, the system may proceed with the rest of configuration. If you still facing this problem, please raise a support ticket at https://support.atlassian.com.

Lucas Lima

Suggest an answer